The school has a P&C Association, which meets twice per term on weeks 3 and 7 in the staffroom at 7 pm on Monday nights. This is an important body, which takes a leading role in the school. The P&C is made up of parents, school staff and interested community members.
In recent times the P&C has supported the school in implementing a whole school play policy aptly named ‘Back to Mud Pies Policy’, the continued establishment of a Nature Playground and numerous other resources for teaching and learning programs.
If you would like to contact the P&C please liaise with administration staff during office hours and you will be contacted by a representative of the P&C.
P&C President – Flora Toft
P&C Vice President – Peter Gardiner
P&C Treasurer – Lisa Sampey
P&C Secretary – Jeannette Everitt
Fund Raising – Mel Coulson
Unifrom Co-ordinator – Helen Humphreys
Grounds Committee/Nature Playground – Joc Stuart
Teacher Reps – Sharon Cousens
Over the last few years the P&C has funded the following projects to support the education and wellbeing of all members of the school community.
- $10,000 donation at commencement of each year for school to support learning.
- Ongoing funding for development and maintenance of the Nature Playground Project
- Provision of Guided Reading Book upgrade for all classes
- Support funding for Spelling Mastery and iMaths Program
- Oven for Canteen (Donation)
- Visiting Author incursions
- Gym Mats for Physical Education Program
- Piano purchase and tuning
- iPads for class set
- Purchase of classroom musical instruments
- Transport costs to Dardanup Heritage Park excursion
- Contribution to Daily Structured Play Equipment
- School line marking equipment
- Air-conditioning for Kindergarten Building
- Humphrey’s Dance Program
- Interschool Competitor Shirts
- School Lectern
- Stereo System for Discos and other functions
- Yellow Box comprehension cards
- Lego Robotics, laptop and accessories
- Parallel Bars
- Ann Morrice Literacy Development Consultant
- …and much more.
These crucial projects are funded through many fundraising activities throughout the year, successful grant applications and other sponsorship arrangements. Help is always needed and welcome. Participating in the P&C contributes directly to our children’s quality of life at the school and strengthens family belonging within the school community. The old saying “many hands make light work” holds true in this context…so please consider volunteering a skill, some time or expertise in whatever way you are able.