Footer 1

Members Profiles

Malena Cahill Deputy Principal

Malena Cahill Deputy Principal

Malena is the Deputy Principal and her role at Dardanup PS  involves teaching as well as administration.Her past experience includes three years as Education Department Literacy Advisor/consultant for the South West Region, Acting Deputy Principal at Clifton Park, Parkfield and South Bunbury Primary Schools.  She has also lectured in Education at Edith Cowan University. Malena is co- author of several Literacy publications that have been well received by teachers in supporting their teaching and learning program. Malena keeps abreast of Western Australian educational initiatives through her work as Level 3 Classroom Teacher Assessor for the past 15 years. Over the years she has successfully mentored many Level 3 Classroom Teacher aspirants across the Bunbury District, including Dardanup Primary teachers.  She is also an AITSL accredited assessor supporting graduate teachers to full registration. Her commitment and passion to education is evident through her work with both students and teachers. Malena is always making the most of opportunities where she can bring innovative and ‘best practice’   teaching programs to Dardanup PS. She is a passionate educator! In her leisure time she reads, plays golf and enjoys time with her family especially her six grandchildren.

Melissa Coulson

Melissa Coulson School Council Chairperson

I have had four children who at different stages over the past 12 years have been and currently are at Dardanup Primary School.  My youngest child Jesse is currently in year five and is our last child to attend DPS. This is also my last year representing the School Council as Chair Person. I am looking forward to working together collaboratively with everyone involved at DPS to contribute and continue to support our Strategic Plan, Vison and Statement. I have enjoyed helping out at multiple school carnivals and Spelling Mastery program. I have been on the School Council for the past 2 years but have been involved in the Dardy Sporting community for many years.  As a qualified nurse, working in Bunbury, I gain a lot of satisfaction in helping others.  I’m excited to see the changes that DPS is implementing   to benefit all our students. As a member of the School Council I am pleased to be able to contribute and support the school’s blueprint plan and vision.

Ryan Shannon

Ryan Shannon

I work as a Hydrogeological Drilling Project Manager working FIFO for Rio Tinto in the Pilbara. I have 2 children at DPS and an older daughter who is 26. I bring to the team my experience in project and people management and I am committed to making DPS the best it can be for all the students. Andrea and I volunteer in many innovative ways at the school including creative ideas such as horseshoe bag holders and outdoor student table and seat in the ECE area.

Genevieve Schoeman

I enjoy being an active supporter of the school by volunteering my time towards the educational programs at DPS. My interest in educational programs has enhanced my own passion for writing. Working with children provides me with further insight into the learning programs delivered at the school. As a member of the School Council, I am pleased to be able to share in school operational decisions and directions with the school community.

Dougal Herd

I have recently moved into the Dardanup community and have two children attending Dardanup Primary School. I work in the Ferguson Valley as a Winemaker for Willow Bridge Estate and joined the school council this year. I believe it is important for parents to work with community members and staff to help improve the opportunities for students and their education. I look forward to learning more about the school operation and assisting the school as required.

Jo Fitzpatrick

My husband and I both had a wonderful country upbringing. We both always wanted our 3 kids to enjoy the same. We have settled in Dardanup West just over 2 years ago and love belonging to a school with such a strong sense of community. I am fortunate enough to have a career in nursing, with flexible shift work permitting time to participate in school time activities. It has been a joy for me to assist in the Play Cafe program this past 2 years, as I view the transition from pre-school to the early education years as pivotal in our kids lives, and I have really enjoyed welcoming new families to our school in the same manner myself and my family were welcomed when moving to the area. Going forward as a School Council member I would love to be of assistance in ensuring our students enjoy all the benefits of belonging to our special country school, whilst ensuring they have any opportunities that larger schools may offer

Helen Humphreys

I have 3 children attending DPS and have been an enthusiastic volunteer for various DPS activities and programs since moving to the Ferguson Valley in 2016. It’s been wonderful working with the staff and students at DPS and seeing the children thrive inside such an amazing community. I am hoping my being a School Council Member will enable me to contribute in a more wholesome manner. I have a background in retail management, procedural and administrative management, and music. Among my passions are singing and beekeeping.

Lara Barrett

I have two children attending DPS and I am currently employed in the Kindy room in the position of Education Assistant.

Community Members

Ric Stacey

There is a well-known proverb, which reminds us, that: “It takes a whole village to raise a child”. Communities help build and support our schools, and in turn successful students ensure a bright future for ‘our village’ and the wider world. The Dardanup Primary School has a long history in our Community as place where students can build the educational foundations for a happy and successful life. As a Community Member, my role on School Council is to ensure that the Dardanup Community gets involved in supporting the students, staff and parents of the Dardanup Primary School in reaching their full potential. I encourage members of the Community who have an interest in contributing to the continuing success of our school to contact me directly at [email protected] or leave a message at the School (97281146).

Vicki Robinson

She brings to the board a lifetime of experience in education and  committee and community involvement. Her involvement in education as a teacher began in 1973 with her first appointment to Leonora PS. She has taught in the Goldfields, Kimberley, Perth Metro, the Esperance region and over twenty years in and around Bunbury. Vicki is the wife of Peter, mother of Amy and Anthony and grandmother of Maia. Currently she is involved on the following committees; Vocal Fusion Choir, Crooked Brook Forest Assn and the Joshua Crooked Brook Fire Brigade. Vicki has lived in Crooked Brook for 14 years. New to the DPS Council, she is keen to participate in decision making.

Staff Representative

Darline Morgan

Darline has many years association with DPS and the Dardanup community.