Inquiry based learning is an explicit teaching strategy that our students use in order to find information as part of their research work. Students develop research skills that will ultimately enable them to become independent learners. These transferable skills can be used to research any topic. The stages of the Inquiry Process used at Dardanup Primary School are:
- Defining your information needs: What do I really want to find out?
- Locating Information sources: Where can I find the information I need?
- Selecting information: Which information do I really need to use?
- Processing and analysing the information: Do I need all this information?
- Organising the information: How can I best use this information?
- Creating and sharing the information: How can I present this information?
- Evaluating the process and the product: What did I learn from this?